Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Aquarium World

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Again with the worms

Featured Replies

I think I had two kinds of worm in my tank. One was planaria which I've managed to get rid off :bounce: . I did a w/c on yesterday morning and by that evening my plants were pearling like crazy which made me feel good :D . This morning I turn on the lights and theres free-swimming, thin, red worms about 1.5cm long :evil: . I can't get a pic of them to put on here and I can't find them on the net so far. It was my snail tank but at the moment its plant only till the problem is sorted. Anyone have any ideas?

I had that once, I am sure they were blood worms. I did lots of small water changes and added some kuhli loaches. Not sure which method worked but they cleared up fine.

Yes, sounds like bloodworms

I just scooped a heap out of some stagnant water behind the garage - the fish went totally mental for them - unded up catching a few of my congo tetras in the net I was trying to empty them out of :)

  • Author

Nah I don't think they're bloodworms as they're way too thin. Whatever they are I've decided they just part of the biodiversity of my tank and that the only reason they're noticable is I don't have any fish in there to eat them at the moment. Well I hope that's true anyway.

I had them too, cept mine tended to be half in the gravel and waved around. If you want to get rid of them i only managed by when i changed over tanks i washed the gravel in hot water, thus killing the wormy things. I dont thank they harm at all, they just look a little odd.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.