Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Aquarium World

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Platy babies

Featured Replies

Hi there, my wagtail platy has popped out two babies, but she looks quite pregnant still. She may have had more but eaten them. Do they drop all their babies over 24 hours like my guppies do, or might she drop some more two or three days later? She is a bit sick of the trap. No sign of any stillbirths.

Cheers,

Sam

If in a trap most likly she aborted a good number and ate the others..

Traps are not very fish friendly as much as they are sold for the purpose you are using it for they are not suited to it for any of the larger livebearers ie platties mollies swords etc not sure on the others ..

Yeah I agree with what Zoban has said.

For mine I used either a maternity tank or an area for the fry to hide (e.g. java moss etc). Now I have too many so I dont bother haha

I have my sword fry in with mum, dad and 2 aunties, heaps of floating plants and hiding places and keep the adults well fed. I'm sure some probably got eaten at birth but I've still got a good 20 healthy, happy fry growing up fast.

i use the trap but just use it after the babies are born because the bigger fish dont bother the babies i just dont want my babies sucked up into the filter it happened once and i couldn't stop cryin i was soooo upset i usually sell the babies after they are full grown to friends and even petsmart. :P

-Brittany

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.