Hi From Christchurch!

1familiarfish

Thankyou for the friendly welcomes... We are on the hunt for a new tank, so I think the bug has hit hard. Duncan saw Kuhli loaches last night on a website - can you still buy these in NZ?, I havent seen any in CHCH of late - and believe me, I have been to every shop that sells fish in the greater CHCH area *sigh* Ive never gone beyond livebearers before, except for neons, so I think we need a challenge :P Have a happy day all!

Hi and welcome to this fantastic forum!

Thought i would let you know about our meeting of Chch Totally Tanked which is going to be held on the Saturday 3rd of February about 5pm. Our address is 57A hoon Hay road, Hillmorton. You are welcome to come along. There will be a pot luck barbecue so bring a salad or something to chuck on the barbecue! Oh and be prepared to talk a lot about fishy matters!

hey i have some good news i know where you can get some Kuhli loaches in christchurch i have just bought some from Animates on Morehouse Ave and if i can rememer i think they were around $8-9 each it was relly funny watching the people working there try to catch them its took around 20 minites for them to do it lol oh and welcome hope ya like it here :)

Thankyou for that... I also saw the most amazing fish stock and set up at Organism, that shop is my all time FAVOURITE shop for fishies... Im still building up my tank, I got a new one for just me, so my son can have his live bearers (guppies/platies who have just had fry! YAY!) and I can do something else with mine... except Im not sure what to put with Kuhlis... Do cichlids like them? On another note, how often does the Totally Tanked club meet plze ...? Age restrictions? My 13 yo son is interested in joining... Cheers, Hope everyone is having a great week!

Shortee :bounce:

hi there 1familiarfish

Thank you for your interest in the club! We are still just a young club so will have our fair share of teething problems. I am hoping to get into the routine of having a meeting on the first Saturday of each month except January. And EVERYONE is welcome!!! Variety is the spice of life remember! I have two preschool girls who will be running round so the backyard and house are very child friendly. So ALL ages are welcome too.

I look forward to meeting you. If you have anymore questions please don't hesitate to email me!

khulis are pretty cruisy wee things. most cichlids (and other fish for that matter) will attempt to eat anything that fits in its mouth so you would have to be careful with anything that has a largish mouth- khulis are very secretive though and are good hiders so they would probably be fine unless caught off guard

• 2 weeks later...

Really enjoy reading everyones posts and learning lots... Have now got two tanks going - planted and cycled successfully (so far!) with orange platies, guppies and neons & glowlightss in one, albino corys (Charles, Diana and Rodney) and guppy fry in the other... and number three tank in the making - a 74l tank that I hope to have something different in... kuhlis or something that isnt a livebearer :-) Cheers & Happy Fishing, Shortee