what type of arowana

evil_elmo

we have a 2 foot long silver..and a jardini hes only about 10-15 cm

there are still some jardinis at hollywood fish farm in albany (auckland)selling at $500 (same as we have) they are still quite small.... either there or from the person selling his on trademe ($500 full grown).. you wont be getting one eazy as they are not alowed in newzeland anymore

we are on the list to get a black one but we been waiting a year already.

Also how big is the tank... i would not go smaller then a 5x2x2 foot with the inteshion of a big upgrade with in a year - 1.5 years.

our silver is in a 7x2x2 and i want a bigger tank for him

• 3 weeks later...

hey all, i'm in hong kong at the moment and DAMN you guys should see the asian arowanas here

i wish i could take photos but all the shops wont allow pictures

as for prices

15cm silver about $15nz

15cm jardini about $40nz

20cm asian chilli red about $1000nz

full grown asian $3,500+nz

alot of the fully grown asain dont even have prices on the tank, its what you are willing to pay

uck, i seen pics of that fishman, its HORRIBLE! they reckon they put them into holding tanks overnight, yeah right :roll: i dont think i would buy a fish thats kept in a bag all day long (and possibly overnight) until its sold, imagine how stressed the poor thing would be!

i saw a few pictures of them selling massive sharks etc too, i wonder if the people that buy them can actually house them properly? im sure there would be some insanely massive tanks owned by people over there though....

the fish are bagged in the mornings and get put back into the tanks at night, i've seen them do it...they also do it for plants too

i think they are better off in the bag, you should see how many fish they can fit into a small tank :o

you can buy all types of fish pre-bagged, arowana, royal knife,discus,giant gouramis,red tail catfish...etc

i remember seeing 100neons for $18hk which is about $3.60nz all bagged ready to go

i thought they kept those fish in bags because their shops were so small they didnt have room for tanks? where are the tanks kept? thats where my assumption of them perhaps not going back into tanks at night, shows one should not assume aye :lol: