Scrape on Bronze Cory

fattythecatty

Came home from 6 days away and my bronze cory has what appears to be a large scrape along his side. Other than the scrape he seems fine, behaving as normal ( well, as normal as he ever is). He's eating fine and playing about as usual, no sign of fungas. I'm wondering how this could have happened. Anyway I'm treating with melafix, anything else I should be doing?

No, haven't changed anything in the tank and he's lived in it a long time. My only thought was maybe it was done by another fish but I can't think who. Been treating him for a couple of days now and the scrape seems to be getting smaller so hopefully it will heal up. And he's still happy as larry, fooling around with his peppered mates and gobbling his food.

He's a silly fish so all of those things could apply!! He's well this morning and had his breakfast and getting down to the serious business of playing with his buddies. Will keep on with the melafix and frequent water changes. Would hate to lose him, he's 1 of our first tropical fish and I'm veery attached to him.