Aquis 2200

Aquarium Dude

Keep in thought, you have the tubing and connectors coming off the top of the filter so that make it higher, need leave a good amount of clearance above the filter. A friend of ours got a 2400 and took it home only to find it didn't have good clearance under his tank stand so he had to go back and get a 2200.

• 3 weeks later...

I know what you mean about the box and instructions not describing the filter very well.

From what I could work out the water comes in through the top of the baskets, so the top layer should be mechanical to stop the biological media clogging up with dirt. I've put JBL micromec and sinomec in the other two layers because it creates a huge surface area. The noodles (and chips?) that come with it are biological media but there is a lot of space for extra noodles.

But the order of the foam didn't look right to me. I would have thought that you would place the sheets with the largest holes at the beginning of the flow and the polywool later. Can anyone shed light on this?

I agree pcatfish I think I will put all the sponge in the top basket the ceramic things in the next and the pumice looking stuff in the last basket

will buy 1.5 kg of each bio media

Also thinking of customising inlet/outlet using hansen fittings, the original ones dont really work that well

Ps. where can I get pipe that big from (what comes with it is not long enough) :lol:

• 1 month later...

sorry for hashing up the old threads, just thought i might as well put it here instead of starting a new topic.

im looking at the 2200 for my 460L, in the past ive had issues with the inlet/outlet bends because of the bracing thickness which is why i currently have a fluval running (its too small for the tank which is why i need a bigger filter). i dont have the cash to fork out for a fx5 hence me looking at these.

will the inlet/outlet bends fit over my 70mm bracing without needing to be modified?