Aquis 2200

Aquarium Dude

I have the 2200 set up in my planted tank for 3 weeks now. Yes the hose are massive. It is really easy to start. No mouth on the hose, just push the pump a few time and the water pour into the filter filling it. Switch it on and away she goes. Very quiet too. Goo value for money.

Ron

I've just set one up on a 200L tank that is going to have :hail: Sewellia lineoata (aka Balitora lineolata :bow: ). I think that it is a great filter and good value for money and I would recommend one. It primes easier that the fluval FX5, the spray bar is in three pieces with extra elbows and straight joiners so that a range of shapes can be created, the pieces that fit over the side are wide enough to go over any bracing less than 100mm [see next post](again better than the FX5 setup)

But I thought I'd play devil's advocate ( :evil: ) so here goes:

The instructions are minimal so that if you've never set up a canister filter before you might have a hard time.

The large diameter hose is a soft clear plastic that can kink.

The fittings seem to be made of an acrylic that won't take any hard knocks.

The media isn't enough to fill the baskets to the recommended levels, there are a couple of bags of carbon, a bag of chips that look like white scoria, and some noodles. Definitely worth buying a couple of boxes of JBL sinomec.

(I'm not to sure about the foam pads, they have the finest ones on the top and the larger pore ones as you go down the filter, is this how it sould be?)

The warantee is for two years.

Umm... that's about all I can think of :-? . I'm considering getting one for my 300L/5ft tank :) , so I guess I'm not a very good devil's advocate :lol: .

The hook over pieces weren't wide enough to go over our 100mm bracing.. we had to alter the hang overs. That was the one pain in the butt thing we had to deal with.

And yeap ya can fit more media in, but no filter that we are aware of comes jam packed to the brim with filter media.. :D

We haven't had any kinks in our hosing infact its very thick and tough..

The smaller stuff does kink in the CF range, but the Aquis is real hard to kink, that's what we have found..

The acrylic hangovers are a bit of a pain in the butt but definately manageable..

:D

The Aquis 2400 is a good 100mm higher and has an extra basket...

They had a special on the Aquis range as they were brought in bulk.. so they were running at a cheap price, however I think most places are bringing them back to full price again.

The 2400 was retailing down here at $280 (cheap promotion) and now they are back up to $400 - $500 each.

Still down in price here in a LFS.

3 baskets :)

2200lph

3 stage filtration

Complete with all media ( filter wool , activated carbon , coarse sponge , ceramic rings etc.)

Quick release taps ( multi directional inlet / outlet )

25mm inlet and outlet hose connections

18 litre filter volume

Ceramic shaft

Built in handles for easy maintenance

Heavy duty easy to use clips ensuring a tight seal

Quiet and extremely reliable

56 watts

Recomended for aquaria up to 500 litres

2 Year Warranty