Aquarium dudes new tank

Aquarium Dude

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had bns eating my sword's leaves :evil: and with my tank they didn't do much in the way of eating algae... They still look cool though and I'll continue to keep them.

Perhaps you could try siamese algae eaters, they're good at eating algae, but also enjoy eating the fish food, and I think they prefer it too. I would suggest you get Otocinclus as they only eat algae, not fish food, but these guys are from the amazon so don't fit with your theme.

Probably because they were dining out on your swords instead of algae Ants :lol: Just imagining it now :lol:

I am trialing our GBA's in with Cabomba again, fingers crossed they keep their little nashers off my stalks! :evil: :D :lol:

Great suggestion on the Siamese Algae Eater, they are a nice... and Otos are awesome, we have them in our planted Apisto tank... and yeah not Asian but well worth it :D

No, they're American mostly. "Fancy Plecos" is a term used to group the smaller prettier plecs, the type you order in and pay good money for, normally $80+ for small, some species need wood, some species might eat plant, some species might even grow too big, and normally you can only have one of each species or they fight.

I recommend the GBA, or Golden Bristlenose, they are essentially mini-plecos.

I have 4 Flash Plecs living happily in the same tank and have been for sometime, and also 4 Iquitos living harmoniously to :D Some are possibly more aggressive than others, but these guys have never given me any problems keeping them in groups, just have a heap of wooded areas and rockery etc

They are roughly around the $11-$12 mark each in places I have seen, prices would vary, especially if LFS get them from breeders etc they might be a little cheaper than from suppliers...

I like the Orange Thick Lipped Gourami, so full of personality.. wouldn't look past them as something for colour etc either.. They are available at the moment..

http://fish.mongabay.com/species/Colisa_labiosa.html

There is a picture link to the side.. and there are some neat Gourami pics to look through :D