January 4, 200719 yr comment_138266 Hi Guys, I've got a new addition after the disappearance of my purple firefish. Got this for my birthday yesterday My wife and kids bought this for me. My wife almost choked at the price! $96.00 at HFF. Bangaii Cardinal. Still a baby at around 40mm long. Picture was taken while the fish was still in the plastic bag. Report
January 4, 200719 yr comment_138268 Awesome, I don't know why but these would be one of my favourite marines Good luck with it Report
January 4, 200719 yr comment_138306 Nice I wouldn't mind one of those, but my Royal Snottyback would chase it around. Report
January 4, 200719 yr comment_138320 I Think they are glorious fish and wouldnt mind having a school of them but would even settle for 2 :lol: Report
January 4, 200719 yr comment_138354 My two just had their first lot of fry. They were my first "must have" fish and are still my faves...especially after watching the male brood the fry in his mouth. It was so cool. :bounce: Good luck with it Heli. Report
January 4, 200719 yr Author comment_138365 Hey Hazy, did you know you had a male and a female? Or was it luck? Report
January 4, 200719 yr comment_138368 It can be tricky, especially with young ones. Craig at Redwood Aquatics did his best to pick me one of each and I got lucky that he was spot on. When they get older you can tell by the "banner" fin and the jawline. The male will have a longer banner fin and a bulldog-like jaw. If you want to do some reading, Google "Frank Marini" and A. A. Vagelli. Report
January 5, 200719 yr comment_138633 AWESOME Helifax! I don't know why but these would be one of my favourite marines Mine to. I want to have a group of about six once I upgrade Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.