January 26, 200719 yr comment_144184 You dont need to get extra just your tank will be without it for 2 days Here I bleach it over night and then wash thouroughly and then soak it in Prime again over night Rewash and a small amount of prime straight onto the Purigen bag b4 adding it back to the tank I know I go over board on Prime but id rather be safe then sorry If your worried about the price of Prime buy Safe which is powdered Prime At least its better then Sodium Thiosulphate Safe removes more from the water Brad Report
January 26, 200719 yr comment_144190 What does the Sodium Thiosulphate, SAFE, or Prime do? I figured you'd just use a water ager to get the Cl off? Report
January 26, 200719 yr comment_144200 Just make sure that whatever dechlorinator you use during the regeneration process, it does not contain amine-based slime coat products - otherwise the purigen will be rendered toxic. Report
January 26, 200719 yr Author comment_144203 does anyone know of any wateragers that are 'amine-based slime coat products' Report
January 26, 200719 yr comment_144210 IMO just be sfaer using a quality product as Seachem Prime or Safe Brad Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.