betta with neons?

davidb

hey guys I am thinking of making small 30-35 litre planted tank and having one male betta in it... would I also be able to add 5-6 neon tetra's to the tank??? I have never seen any mention that betta's and neons cannot go together but I haven't ever seen that they can go together either... :lol: thanks in advance!

I have had a male Beta in a community tank for the last three months with a female beta, two angels, two pearl and two three spot blue gourami, eight tetra, four platys, a red finned shark and a golden algae eater and they are all getting alonf just fine, no problems so far.

I caught my female betta attacking a neon, but it may have been sick to start with? it was still alive, it really nailed it then the fish died and it got consumed by the clowns eventually...definitely keeping a weary eye now. I've kept just a male in the past with a bunch of neons and other tetras with no problem on the other hand, oh one thing is if the betta is red, and you feed bloodworms, be careful as the tetras will attack the betta's fins assuming they're bloodworms.

We'v had a pink and a blue betta with neons, and all the neons went after their tails, so don't just wory if the neons will be all right. It all depends on the fish though, we have a red and blue betta in with neons at the mo, and he's doing fine

I had neons with an aqua male betta - fine for a lil while but they got so much of his fins during one day out at work that i thought it was some lightning-quick fin-rot. He nearly died, had to give a lot of TLC. Same with a blue female.

Had some in with a red betta boy, they would nip a little but not too bad, ended up getting paranoid and giving them away in the end.