Brochis splendens

Billaney

I've been getting very much into Corydoras latley and doing a fair bit of ready, i've come across these guys in a few of the books which seem for a want of a better discription " jumbo cory's" i know there not and are in fact a completely differant genus.

Does anyone have any , know where to get any or any other Brochis ?

From this site i can tell there was some in NZ ( entered in the national show ) in 2004 but what about now ?

Any help would be great or even any thoughts from people who may have kept them in the past - pro's v cons etc

Thanks

I've seen them down here (Dunedin) a fair bit. I had four, but now down to one left, and can't find any more at the moment to give him some friends. Most places refer to them as "green corys", but you can tell them apart by counting the dorsal rays. Brochis have 12, corys have 8 or 9 (from memory)

C.

I've seen them down here (Dunedin) a fair bit. I had four, but now down to one left, and can't find any more at the moment to give him some friends. Most places refer to them as "green corys", but you can tell them apart by counting the dorsal rays. Brochis have 12, corys have 8 or 9 (from memory)

C.

Hi

so going from both the deeper body and dorsal rays as can be seen in these photo's below , the first photo is a long finned bronze cory and has about 8-9 dorsal rays and the two below would be Brochis splendens having the deeper body and 13-15 dorsal rays , would that be correct ? it does tie in with what i have read.

BronzeCory2.jpg

brochis2.jpg

brochis1.jpg

So are the 2 bottom pic's fish you have bought??

Or are you still looking ?

yes the bottom 2 are a Brochis species.

the bottom two are two i have just bred from :lol: :D :lol: :D:) :lol: :D:P:wink: but i thought they were just green corys till i read a book on brochis :)