My fish are doing a tank upgrade!

rossco

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A wee bit bigger...any guesses the dimensions?? :lol:

Clue - its gonna weigh a lot full of water. Took four of us to carry the tank alone!

In regard to old tank - probably keep for a another few months yet to transition fish and things. Also thinkin about keeping a a back up 'fish only' tank cause I've got a wee mate that is an emperor angel. Sometimes they think a reef tank is a buffet just for them :o But then again might sell as a marine set up to recoup a bit of the outlay for the new tank.

Pretty good guess Bubbles.

I didn't realise what wifey meant by"an inch or two makes all the difference" until I added a few inches to my fish tank :lol:

The 'old' bowfront to the side is a four footer - thought it was quite a good size until I put a few bigger fish in it and a bigger tank beside it.

The new tank is 2 metres long, 700mm tall with depth of 600 mm front to back at ends with a further 180mm at front centre of bow. I think the tangs will like the extra swim room. :D

No, you have to get one of the main 'manufacturing' glass companies to do it for you (usually via one of their agents). Thats where the pain and the cost comes in. Also various restrictions as to what length and degree of bow they can do. Quite a few regularly do them for bowed windscreens for things like boats.

All to get a result some people (including some reefers) don't even like! :lol:

Thanks for all the great feedback.

Especially in the middle of my freakin 'plumbing' weekend! The sump and stuff for the tank is the next room over, through the wall, behind the old tank. Rossco has been busy going under the house to do the underfloor pipework as well as coping with Rossco overlooking essential pieces to make the loop! Also little things like 1.5 metres of rigid pipe is really hard to get down a hole in the bottom of a 0.75 m tankstand. (someone shoulda put it through top of tank before he glued the bulkheads in!)

Since the tank dominates the room a wee bit I am trying to hide as much of the functional stuff like pipework as much as possible.