November 28, 200619 yr comment_133035 is the spring water from the speights brewery ok to use for a water change? Report
November 28, 200619 yr comment_133060 No, it causes the fish to get liver damage, vomiting, loss of coordination and spawning with ugly fish. Report
November 28, 200619 yr comment_133066 Fine to use if you really want to, but really not necessary... The water out of your Dunners tap is perfectly all right. Report
November 28, 200619 yr comment_133083 Dunedin water is really hard though... I dunno if the brewery water is any softer. Report
November 28, 200619 yr comment_133084 Hasn't been my experience and I don't know where this urban myth originated. My KH and GH are practically 0 out of the tap and I have to supplement with bicarb just to get a reading. The water is so soft I can barely keep snails alive and I've never seen the slightest trace of deposits forming on kettle elements. I wonder if it depends on which reservoir your supply originates from... Test what comes out of your tap yourself but AFAIK Dunedin water is as soft as it gets with no dissolved minerals. Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.