HOW is everyones frontosa doing................

cameron

No worries, gave me something to do :lol: I am usually quick to jump on the cross breed bandwagon, but in the case of fronnies I just think it is old breeding lines.

The good thing is from judging by the posts on the forum here, is that at least people are noticing what is good & not so good in the their fronnies. If people keep breeding the nice ones against each other, you will all have nice fronnies for years to come. 8)

Frenchy :D

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yea

cant wait till they get big and friendly

all i can say is that im a bit disapointed that they arent pure.But hay it happens to everyone.I have always wanted them and now i do have them.

one thing is im greatfull for that and im sure every one else is too

just dont breed the seven stripped ones with the nice the nice six stripped ones. :hail:

:wink:

• 1 month later...
hi guys,

i'm back, nice to hear about all the front babies doing really well.

hybrids my butt.

shell

so hows life over the ditch, hope its all going well.

i never belived they were hybids, because some times a 6bar can throw a 7bar, it even happens in the wild

frontosa adults of the babies in nz,came in as frontosa.

burundi and kigamo have yellow in the top fin----- all frontosa can throw seven stripers.

most fish experts seem to think that all the frontosa varients steem from the burundi,so does that make zaires and mimpwe's HYBRIDS, it is a big lake :lol: who knows,are cardinals hybrids of the neon :lol:

anyways my big guy's came from the biggest exporter of tropical fish worldwide, so the idea of them selling hybrids wouldn't do their rep very good.

frontosa babies in nz are as good as you can get,good lines, nice colour and a strong fish, hopefully the laws will change and new frontosa blood will be able to come in, the frontosa situation in nz lies with all those babies out there,look after them and enjoy this beautiful fish.

frontosa's are the bomb.

You's are lucky i don't own any at present not even a tank as YET.

shell

Hello Shell welcome back. The offer still stands if you get back into fish. brad will look after you so you won't have to pay retail or next to it. :wink:

I agree they aren't hybrids, just been lined breed for alot or years.

The point you make about the fronnies steming back to one source/location variant can be said about most cichlids. eg; brichardis, alto's...Lake tangy is around 12 million years old{I think from memory} Thats alot of time, water levels raising & falling....species getting seperated by bodies of water, islands, points..... therefore form there own little differences over time... caused by varying factors, diet, surroundings....

The difference is these are naturally occuring differences & variances. Breeding different variances against each other creates hybrids.

Frenchy :D

back again,

just to settle this, the adults have six stripes and are C.Frontosa. and yes a couple of babies out of a few hundred had seven stripes and yes that makes those babies" look" like kigamo,but they are C.Frontosa.

I am disgusted with a few of the comments on here. i only wanted to get as many fronts outthere as possible so that MAF and Urma might add them to the nz standard.if i thought for a moment that i would have to be standing up for their authentisaty,sorry not spelt right) i would have kept them to myself,like i did for the first 4-5 yrs-----as i took a huge risk advertiseing their babies for sale(illegal).not on the standard.could have lost my adults,they did get a visit :lol: but was settled nicely.

when i first ever ask for frontosa(7-8+yrs back) i was told NO by every importer in nz. getting them was a fluke, and now some of you want to pull them to bits.they are all nz has to offer untill the standard changes.

stop pulling them to bits and just enjoy them like i did.

they are C.Frontosa.

shell

Hiya Shell

We are one of the ones happy with what we have got, we are over the moon with our lot and there was a lot of hoo haa started over them, but at the end of the day, you had informed my hubby and I EXACTLY what we were buying and you were straight about it, not once was Kigoma ever mentioned to us by you.. I will be sending you a pic of them, they are just fantastic... And we are so lucky to have had the opportunity to get ours from you.

:D

hi all

im happy with the fronts it would be good just to get a 100% ID on them.

still the blue on them im impresive. i thank you heaps for selling them cause i all ways have wanted them. And you have made that happen for every single one of us.thanking you heaps.

there getting big, ill also send a pic if wanted to see my ones.

cheers cameron

would love to see your fronts cameron, i'll have to change my email address on the forums.

and thanks for the thanks, you are more than welcome.

you do have an ID on them C.Frontosa, that was the documented name on import, the most widely sold front was burundi back then. and the cheapest for importing.

good luck with them and send us a pic or two as they grow.

shell