November 21, 200619 yr comment_131801 Just before I go out and get another sixline wrasse are they O.K. with sps corals e.g. do they nip. Report
November 21, 200619 yr comment_131805 :bounce: :bounce: Didn't think you would last too long without another sixline Fay :roll: Report
November 21, 200619 yr comment_131813 Yip all good. My sixline has been round for about 4 years now i think, never caused a problem. I also think it helps to keep things like parasitic snails and nudis down. Although i do not no this for sure. Report
November 21, 200619 yr comment_131901 I always worry about mine whenever I put a new coral into my tank he seems to always take an interest in them but have never seen him np at them Report
November 22, 200619 yr Author comment_131999 All good that red cap is showing new growth others all good will have to try and take some pics :lol: Report
November 22, 200619 yr comment_132000 Next time I'm out the Port - is it OK to visit ? any chance of getting any frag's from you ps . I removed 3 small starfish from my tank tonight ( hopefully no more remain) Report
November 22, 200619 yr Author comment_132005 Next time I'm out the Port - is it OK to visit ? any chance of getting any frag's from you Sure just call into the Port Waikato Wharf Store But it's hard to frag a frag :lol: no problems once they have grown I have just got into sps corals so they need time. Report
November 23, 200619 yr comment_132066 I have a pair. They have spawned in the tank several times. Report
November 23, 200619 yr comment_132098 That's pretty cool! Do they hang out together or just for mating? Could you make a video of this? Report
November 23, 200619 yr comment_132099 I have a pair. They have spawned in the tank several times. Sweet Can you tell the difference between male and female? Size diff? Report
November 23, 200619 yr comment_132156 It's really easy to tell them apart in Pies tank, the female is the one that always has a huge belly Report
November 23, 200619 yr comment_132173 Yeah thats pretty much it. The female is smaller, but her stomach is quite different. Once she releases her eggs she has a flat stomach like its been pinched flat, then it slowly grows over a month or so. There is also a strange mark on the rear tail of my female, but I think its more likley just a flaw that a sex marker. Pie Report
November 23, 200619 yr comment_132176 I notice with my royal dottybacks that the males and female have a very distinct difference in the vibrance of their colour. Both females are noticeably duller, and the male is significantly more vibrant. I've read that this is a common differentiator of sexes in a lot of fish. Have you noticed anything like that in the wrasses? Report
November 23, 200619 yr comment_132188 Hey Pies, have you tried bringing the young up? if so how far do you get? Report
November 24, 200619 yr comment_132266 My wrasse is very fat, wonder if that means it's a female. If I introduced one that may be male, would they hit it off? What do you think? It's only a 4 foot tank. Report
November 26, 200619 yr comment_132700 Hey Pies, have you tried bringing the young up? if so how far do you get? They have spawned, I havn't seen any young. My wrasse is very fat, wonder if that means it's a female. If I introduced one that may be male, would they hit it off? What do you think? It's only a 4 foot tank. A lot of what I have read says you can't keep 2 together, my tank is bigger than most though. I don't know how 2 will get on, I am just lucky I ended up with a pair, its a long story but was an accident. Good luck. Pie Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.