Fast Delivery from U.S

westy1

Ordered a pump from 'Marine Depot"on the sixth and picked up today!,really impressed how quick the fedex system shows you every move in transit,arrived without crashing onto a desert island too,bonus :) Free T-shirt as well.double bonus

:D

Here's the tracking breakdown.

Nov 10, 2006 1:59 PM

Delivered

AUCKLAND NZ

Package available for clearance

4:15 AM

At dest sort facility

AUCKLAND NZ

Nov 8, 2006 10:18 AM

In transit

HONOLULU, HI

3:33 AM

Arrived at FedEx location

LOS ANGELES, CA

2:37 AM

Departed FedEx location

OAKLAND, CA

Nov 7, 2006 10:44 PM

Departed FedEx location

OAKLAND, CA

10:55 AM

In transit

OAKLAND, CA

10:15 AM

OAKLAND, CA

1:52 AM

Departed FedEx location

LOS ANGELES, CA

Nov 6, 2006 9:21 PM

LOS ANGELES, CA

Left origin

4:33 PM

Picked up

FULLERTON, CA

The shipping cost isn;t that bad,Shipping Details: FedEx Express International Economy $42.21.No duty or additional costs incurred .

Pretty good for those items unobtainable here in NZ.mind you,these days we are very well catered for locally

:)

$42 :o

That must have been the lightest pump EVER. I just did a quick check on MD shipping costs and they don't even quote a price that low. For 5 lbs, the economy rate is $71US. I've dealt with them MANY times and never got a shipping price that cheap no matter how much it weighed.

From MD site for international shipping (use column J):

http://www.marinedepot.com/aquarium_marine_depot_help_international_shipping_h-l.asp?CartId=

To calculate specific rates:

http://www.fedex.com/ratefinder/standalone?method=originCountryChange

I'm not saying that you a lying or anything, but very curious as to how your shipping was that cheap so that I (and others) can take advantage in the future. Did you get some sort of deal, e.g. promotional, make up for their previous mistake, etc...? Whatever the reason, excellent score!!

I just had a package sent over 7-10 USPS Economy and it still cost me over $50US for ~10lbs. (So about half that of FedEx, but that does not include the inconvenience of friends and/or family to further on the shipment to me.)

On a second note, it's not only a good option for those items not available in NZ. In many instances, it is cheaper to buy from MD (or other internet sale firms) abroad even taking into account the additional shipping, customs, GST, etc... than purchasing domestically. This is not a dig on importers either, simply a desciption of the market as it stands, e.g. small market, higher prices for quicker consumption times, etc...

In this case i had enquired about a 230 volt version of the pump,as a result a dialogue and history with the company doesn't hurt :) probably accounts for the cheaper rate also;

"Hello Warick,

Thanks for shopping with Marine Depot. Thanks for the kind words. We pride ourselves in giving the best customer service possible. I will do what I can to expedite this order. One question, what size shirt would you like? Let me know and as soon as I hear from you we will send this order."

Thanks again for contacting us. Please let us know if there is anything else we can do for you.

Marine Depot Customer Service

www.marinedepot.com

714-385-0080