November 7, 200619 yr comment_129415 Hi all, Just a quick question - how long do you think a Firemouth would take to grow to full size? Cheers for the help! Report
November 7, 200619 yr comment_129468 lol thats in interesting time frame.. I have no idea but as always it depends on how big the tank is what and how much your feeding and how often your water changing.. If you want to grow them fast do daily water changes feed heaps of high quality food and have them in a big tank Report
November 7, 200619 yr comment_129470 My experience is that they're slow growers, even with a high protein diet, raised temps etc I'd allow 1-2 years for a Firemouth to grow to its proper 15cm size. They can breed while still small though. Thats not very accurate, but its what I've found so far. I have 10 of various ages. Report
November 7, 200619 yr comment_129475 keep in mind genetics also play a role- inbreeding, illnesses while younger etc can all lead to a fish not growing to its potential size. not saying yours is gonna be smaller than usual or anything just something to take into account when it comes to growing speeds Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.