November 2, 200619 yr comment_128752 It is with much sadness that I have to advise that my Female Altum Angel has passed over to the big Aquarium in the sky. I have a good memory picture of her in my AVATAR. She has left me with a last brood of fry that are now 5 weeks old and doing well. Dad is lost and didnt know what had happened as they were together for a long time. He has now got some company albeit a few tuxedo Hi Fin Swords. Report
November 2, 200619 yr comment_128758 That's a real bummer E. As the true Altums are so hard to get, what with all these so called altums coming in. Good to hear that she has left you a brood to hopefully carry on where she left off. Alan 104 Report
November 2, 200619 yr comment_128780 a real shame but like Alan said at least she gave you the new brood to carry on with . Report
December 7, 200619 yr comment_134435 sorry to hear about your altum.How big was she?Any old pics of her and/or of the fry? Report
December 7, 200619 yr comment_134438 I will be VERY keen on babys if you would sell me some?!?! I would like to grow some up and breed them to try get them established in NZ!!!! Report
December 8, 200619 yr Author comment_134651 Hi All thanks for all the sympathy posts. She was a beautiful fish and had a character all her own. She is missed especially be her mate who I haven't given another lady to yet. Her offspring are doing really well and after the New Year thingie is over I will start selling the babies as they will be 4 months old then and a good size. The most forward of the young are already 3.5 - 4.0cm in body size and they are still only 12 weeks old and cramped in the 18 X 9 X 9 tank they were hatched in, as I haven't had time until today to start sizing them on. Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.