Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Aquarium World

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

getting a brackish tank.

Featured Replies

If your planning on going full marine with corals at some stage in your setup then you don't want to run bio-filters, they create nitrates which will kill the corals. Also running bio-filters now then trying to remove them later can cause problems.

  • Author

Well I wasn't planning on going corals anytime soon. I was thinking using alot of rock and maybe a bit of wood. Can I use wood in a marine tank or only a brakish? I could use that fake wood stuff. I would probarbly get a new tank if I wanted to get corals.

I was under the impression that bio filters are totally acceptable for soft coral tanks. 640L is huuuge you probably want about 150-200L. Remember these auctions only run for a week, there are plenty of tanks around.

You can use wood in marine tanks, I dont think it would cause any problems? And from the sounds of it you can make jouvenile puffers into full marine safely.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.