Is my anenome dead?

Jammos

Well it only started a short time ago. he (bob) was up on his rock for a while now (a few months) and was nice and big (about the size of your hand) and was eating once a week, then one morning i found him stuck to the back of the tank half way down.

I though he was just making a move, then next day he was in the back corner(me thinking he is moving into a cave where he was prior to his nice high rock spot) then the next day i found him upside down at the tank front.

I have left him for the day and now i have come back from work and looks like some white filter wool over him and he is almost flat and only abou 2-3 cm wide.

So has he died on me for some reason? or will he come about.

The wifey said only a quarter of him turned up pink (his normal colour). he is now white and green. weird :o

Doesn't sound good, it's probably history.

If you can, answering a few questions can help us diagnose.

What kind of anemone is it?

Has it slowly changed colour while you've had it and if so from what to what?

What is your salinity?

What is your lighting?

Do you dose anything to your water and if so, what?

Do you have much algae growing?

sure.

I think it is a carpet anenome.

When i first got it, during the day it would go greenish then back to pink but it hasn't done it for a while.

Salinity is 1.026, lighting is 2 T5's and one small fluro, had good water flow for him at the rock top.

only thing that is put into the water is ASW and that was done 2 weeks ago.

only algae is brown and is on a small pain of glass which gets wiped away every week.

The only thing different i did this weekend was clean the skimmer.

Hope this helps

oh and 8.5PH, temp varies 25-26 over the day, and no bad items showing (ie nitrate etc). calcicum at 440. don't know magnesium.

Yes a pic would help although I suspect it may look like a jellyfish by now.

Can't see anything there that would cause a problem, just not knowing how big the tank is I'm not sure if that is enough light. Did the anemone get more pale over time?

Probably too late for this anemone, but I'm thinking about making sure things are OK if you get another.

ok not enough light may sound right. As this weekend I have a metal halide light turning up! stupid thing.

I will pull him out as he looks like he has gone.

I won't be getting another anenome as this one has been too much of a pain. It was only a small tank (3 footer) so oh well.

It was one of those must hav buys when you are a beginner in the shop not knowing too much.

Thanks everyone.