Does anyone have any Dwarf Hairgrass

Dasher

Hi , does anyone have any Eleocharis parvula (Dwarf hairgrass) in the Auckland area.

I have a 90l spare tank and thought I'd try a bit of it in there to see how it grows.

From what I have seen on the net it appears to be an easy one to propogate???

I've got a few. PM me with your details.

r u sure its not Eleocharis acicularis?

its the common names that get ppl here cuz Eleocharis acicularis are usually sold under the name dwarf hair grass but it grows up to 10 -15cm when cared for properly.

Eleocharis parvula is the true dwarf type which only grows to 5cm max even under superb conditions.

sorry for sounding skeptical but i have made so many purchase from ppl thinking the had it but all turned out to be just Eleocharis acicularis. but if u still think u do have it i am keen to buy some

:bow::bow:

• 2 weeks later...
Sorry I've been away.

Yep it is Eleocharis parvula and it only grows 3 inches. All gone now. I do not like it much as I have Echinodorus tenellus var parvulus which I think is better than the Eleocharis.

CesarZ

3 inches is too high for Eleocharis parvula, even with MH light and co2 it will only reach 5 cm at the very very max height. i've just sold or and gave away most of my Echinodorus tenellus as its just too tall and not tense enough which is what i like.

u have been pmd cesar :D

Eleocharis parvula will grow taller in high light while Echinodorus tenellus will grow shorter in high light. I have natural light on my tanks such that the tenellus only grows 1 to 2 cm while the hairgrass grows 6 cm. It will be reversed when you grow them in aquarium light, the tenellus will grow 6 cm and the hairgrass will be only 2 cm.

And by the way the tenellus is really dense like a golf lawn.