chch fishfreak here...

meggy

hey all,

quick hello from me to all you fine fishy peoples...i have only 3 tanks set up right now. A 200lt tank with..a couple of angels, couple of gouramis, a solo swordtail, solo krib (due to his mate passing on) and my pride and joys, my 2 female bettas from my one and only spawn. very empty tank right now but working on it. second tanks is 100 lt with 3 peppered catfish and lots of caves...and 3rd..set up today, with my new beautiful male crowntail fighter. He is a beauty. i think i love em!! :0) I also have another 4 or 5 tanks in the garage awaiting my addiction to kick in fulltime again (that and a let up of other commitments) Been clamouring for another male siamese fighter for ages now..and bit the bullet today and did it. wanting to spawn fighters again..will give the handsome guy a few weeks to settle into his new home and then introduce him to one of my lovely ladies and see if they hit it off! I feel the addiction taking over again..thought i had it under control..but i was wrong. i could have bought 50 fish home with me today. well...really cool to have somewhere to come read stuff from fellow kiwis with issues that relate to our neck of the woods. thanks guys for a lot of interesting reading!

Meggy

:D hey meggy :D

hi from northland - this is a great way to meet new fishy friends.

It'll be really interesting to hear how your new male hits it off with his ladies (when they meet)......and those tanks in the garage.......there is never enough room ........

regards - sue :D

hey guys..thanks for the welcomes :D

it will be quite a few weeks before my big guy gets let loose with the lady...ive just moved recently and in a real mess...but those tanks in the garage wont be out there long...always have space for another tank in the house! Who needs a couch..or that wallunit!

Redwood aquatics is my favourite fishplace..lots of knowledge and very nice people...i can "browse" in there for hours. another is critterkingdom in stanmore rd..thats where my big guy came from today..first place ive seen crowntails in chch. animates, im not a big fan of..but just my opinion..so i dont go there. i prefer the more relaxed friendly atmosphere of the smaller places where i can hang round ogling the fish at my own pace...(which is always slow). organism on ilam rd is fantastic...small..but great! have fun in the chch fishspots!!

Meggy 8)

ummm..maybe time to admit i've been one of those awful cyber lurkers for weeks craig :oops: lol. ive read everything and reading it all made me want more involvement again...more fish..more tanks..and the excitement of a succesful spawn again. contemplating getting guppys again..the ease with which they procreate is outstanding..and the fact they give birth to live babies is something ill always enjoy...needing to be dragging out one of those tanks!!! :D

ummm..maybe time to admit i've been one of those awful cyber lurkers for weeks craig :oops: lol. ive read everything and reading it all made me want more involvement again...more fish..more

hehe. yeah, I was one of those lurkers.. I think I read every thread on here before I signed up.

Hope the breeding goes well, I'm currently in the process of setting up a couple of conditioning tanks and a breeding tank as I want to try and breed the red tail shark (Epalzeorhynchos bicolor).. I've read alot about it being hard in an aquarium situation but I think I'm up for the challenge.

Hi Ash...where in nth cant??? if you dont mind me asking.

and craig...good luck to you...I think i'll stick with the ones im sure of..for now anyway..would love something a little more exotic..and more of a challenge..but funds restrict my fishkeeping at present. BUT...I did see some seahorses today in critterkingdom that have my name on them. WOW...what awesome creatures...fascinated with them. Think i'll be working toward owning some of them one day!!

hi chris..thanks for that...wishing my fishy boy luck..the girl i picked for him is a stroppy lass..but shes real pretty. dont you just hate it when you want to do everything at once and cant decide which to do first. I want discus too...but from what ive heard..they need more time than i have to give. one day ill just do it all and to hell with everything else :D

and craig...good luck to you...I think i'll stick with the ones im sure of..for now anyway..would love something a little more exotic..and more of a challenge..but funds restrict my fishkeeping at present. BUT...I did see some seahorses today in critterkingdom that have my name on them. WOW...what awesome creatures...fascinated with them. Think i'll be working toward owning some of them one day!!

Thanks, My g/f is also fascinated with Sea Horses, after we did a trip to the Sea Horse farm in napier with the Palmerston Aquarium Society (great trip) I'm now being bugged to turn my hex tank into a marine tank for a couple sea horses (once my current residents are moved into a new bigger home)

who needs anywhere to sit around the house... :lol: between me the kids and my g/f there's going to be more water than wood in this place..

LOL..nothing wrong with that craig...i have 3 kids rooms that have amazing potential as space for tanks...just have to make the kids believe the garage is a bedroom...KIDDING...LOVE THE KIDS...but they are at risk of having tanks as features in thier rooms!

I had a hex tank that i didnt like..the plants wouldnt grow..i got sick of being up to my armpits in water...but as soon as i gave it away i regretted it. would kill to have it back! would really make a fabulous seahorse home. i could very easily inundate myself with aquatic pets...trying to have some control...really really dont have the time to be doing constant water changes and forever rinsing off baby brine shrimp...right now i get away with BBS every other day...water changes weekly...and sitting proudly watching over my fishy family daily.

Welcome Meggy :)

Good to see you getting to know everyone.

Sounds like the old addiction has 'really' got a hold of you this time. he he.

Never mind... you can always visit the 'surgery' (here) if the addiction gets too bad and we can recommend more fish... or more tanks :):)\

pegasus..the addiction has well and truly taken hold again...reading this forum over the past few weeks has just intensified my need for more fish..the tanks are there..in the garage...waiting to be filled! i doubt this "surgery" is going to be therapeutic for me..the more i read..the more i want. My friends have watched my tanks dissappear over the past 12 months..due to lack of time...and now slowly watching them make a comeback. My friend commented today about the addition of the fighter boy on the kitchen bench..."they are coming back arnt they meggy" LOL oh well...theres a lot worse things i could be addicted to!!!!

Great to see you dive back into the water meggie :wink:

Fish are amazing for children and when it comes to school projects...........I believe that they have immediate access to an amazing world which can be used as an instant study. Maybe you could get them into growing live worm cultures which of course you can use as live food for the fishes. Hatching the brine shrimp which of course is good for the betta fry :)

Ahhhhhhhh you are not addicted...............just opening a door of a new amazing world.

Sorry gotta go the fish need me ROFL.