Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Aquarium World

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Long weekend

Featured Replies

Howdy all,

Will a 4ft community tank be OK for 3 days over the long weekend, or should I get someone to feed them? How about a tank with a couple of youngish discus?

I figured that if I give them a nice feed of bloodworms before i go, they should be fine - am I right?

Cheers,

I leave my 4ft community for a week at a time. It is well established and mature. Never had a problem (excpet for when the heaterstat jammed). They will survive 3 days no problem. If you can feed them live foods it would be better. Don't overfeed the bloodworms as they may pollute the tank.

give your discus a good feed and then a w/c a few hours later so they have sparkly clean water while your gone

theyll be fine without a feed but you can expect some excitment to see you when you come home :lol:

and they'll love the aphids! :wink:

I assume you don't use sprays in your garden? If you do, don't feed the critters to the fish.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.