What is your favourite plant in a community fish tank? Why?

4sticks

Indian fern is a favourite. it grows well under most conditions floating or planted - I like it better planted.

Hairgrass - If you have a shallow tank and moderate lighting is great to fill space in the foreground and is easy to grow - just spread it out.

Polysperma- great background plant not hard to grow

crypts - I have a green Wedtni (spelling lol) and is is growwing really well under my less than average lighting.

8) Good luck

indian fern is good but grows CRAZY under high lighting

Hairgrass is a good carpet plant, aslong as you have medium lighting or a very shallow tank

Polysperma is the same as indian fern i find

Crypts are a great plant. they grow under high, moderate and low light conditions. I have 3 or 4 different types of crypt and i realy love them, i have red wenditii, balansae, plus another couple ones i think...

I LOVE tiger lotus, it grows best under high light but can be grown in moderate lighting quite well, it is an awesome looking plant....

Amazon swords - marble, pygmy chain, and the normal kind. Pygmy chain filling in the foreground really quickly, marble swords cos they're big and beautiful :D

Indian fern grows and never stops growing, no matter how much I chop off.

Anubias barteri, nana and java ferns, slow growers, moderate lighting, look great.

Twisted vals - cool looking plants :D.