Holiday feeding

Caryl

Others have mentioned these before but here is a pic. If you are going away and asking someone to feed the fish, put the required daily amount in a pill container and hide the rest of the fish food. I found this pill container in one of the emporiums where everything is no more than $2.

pillkeeper.jpg

I leave my community fish unfed for a week as they are in a well matured tank but I prefer to have the big African cichlids fed regularly.

provided the fish in charge of feeding them can correspond the letters to the days of the weeks then it should be simple and effective

s = Sunday

m = Monday

t = Tuesday

w = wednesday

t = Thursday (not Tuesday)

F = Friday

s = Saturday (Not Sunday)

You can just imagine that one of the fish would be smartie pants and put the two T and S together :lol:

Once they get the grasp of the above then it is a matter of making sure it goes in the tank instead of the floor :wink: :lol:

Can't see that working at my place.

So I've hired a special person to do it for me for the use of the house while I'm away for 11 days.

Look out Australia, here I come.

Herefishiefishie, if you see this please PM or email me before Thurs. morning. Early NZDST.

Alan 104

I hope you realise that was not a feeding block IOU1 and were just enquiring as to how they work compared to putting daily amounts into containers.

I know some people use the block feeders but I am not a fan of them. I am not keen to add something to my tank that may, or may not, last the distance, or dispense the food evenly over the time required. If it pollutes the tank while I am away there is nothing I can do about it. Same goes for auto feeders. I know others use them too but I would be worried about them clogging up, especially as I feed a lot of flake foods which don't do so well in auto feeders.

Alan, just ask them to feed them on the 7 days allowed and not feed them on the last day (or the first day). No problem.

You can also get containers that have compartments for each day morning noon and night so relabel them days and you will be right.

• 2 weeks later...