Centameter

Ira

Got me a new toy!:)

Any suggestions on installing it?

I was thinking it looks like it wouldn't necessarily have to be on the power supply to the hole house since it just clips onto a power cable. So would I be right in thinking I could, for example, clip it onto the power to my marine tank and see what that is, then move it to something else and measure there, move it somewhere else... And so on?

yes, you can do that but i found it hard to get a gauge on usage though as i got separate rcd's going all over the place for the tank. best thing to do is hook it up to the mains coming into the house, turn everything off, take a reading (there is always some power used somewhere) then just turn on your tank equipment and see what it says. dont forget day time cents/kwH and night time cents/kwH are different.

hehe, Never mind, it's installed. Was easier than I thought.:) Hardest part was pulling the right wire out just a little so I could get the sensor around it.

I didn't realize before that my house has one meter for the underfloor heating and another for the rest of the power. Each of them is reading about 3KW right now.

Damn...6KW! And my marine tank's lights havent even come on yet!