New Tank Set-up

CatBrat

Hey all,

Long time no update. Tank is still running, but I have been a bit slack with maintance, and have developed a bit of hair algae lately. The skimmer I have on at the moment just isn't cutting it, but i will be saving for a shinny new deltec once I get back from USA, but that’s not until the end of the year :-? I have been getting some pleasing coral growth since my lighting upgrade. My green buttons have gone from 4 polyp's to 32 polyps in the last 6 weeks, and my branching hidnophora is really taking off!

Any way, I rearranged a few of the corals tonight, so will get a FTS up once it settles down a bit, but for now here are a few shots...

My new ricordia/hairy 'shrooms...

Resizeric-1copy.jpg

This is 3 months growth from this coral (what type is it please? I keep forgetting the name)...

Resizeplate2copy.jpg

Resizeplate-1copy.jpg

The same Candy cane from above has now split into 3 heads/mouths...

candygrowth2.jpg

Resizecandy-2copy.jpg

The good old Midas Blenny...

Resizemidas-1.jpg

And the newest addition...

ResizeBluetang-1.jpg

I know this guy will get way too big for my tank, but I was given him from a mate who had him in a 30l tank :roll: and at the moment it is only 4-5cm. He seems to be loving the extra space!

As I say, will hopefully have a new FTS shot up soon...

Cheers, Jake.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

very nice photos.

how do you get the black background? i have photoshop and i cant work out how the black backgrounds are created.

Looks like its just been cut,

Create a new layer.

Select area which you want to darken.

Darken and change colour to what you desire.

Jeff

• 2 months later...

Well she's finally up and running...a little later than expected, but better late than never!

Was a bit of a misson getting the holes drilled into the stand. On our first attempt we managed to break our drill saw bit (before we even got through the first hole :roll:)...Then we hit both of the support frames

Resizehitsuppcopy.jpg

So it was a matter of getting inside the stand to drill the holes...

Resizeinsidedrill.jpg

We goth there in the end tho...

Resizedrillingcopy.jpg

Resizeskim2sumpcopy.jpg

Resizesumpskim.jpg

After 24 hours you can really see the skimmate...

Resizeuprun.jpg

So all in all I am really pleased so far. I also added 2 new fish today, a lone Clown Fish, and a SixLine wrasse. Both from a friend who is closing down her tank. Will get some pics of them later.

Cheers, Jake.