Sturisoma festivum fry.

purplecatfish

:D I've finally managed to get some Royal Whiptail Fry past the week old mark 8) . I've recently moved them and their tankmates to a larger tank but I didn't move the Kuhli Loaches and The Yo Yo Loaches with them :cry: . I added some Peppered Cories though.

The Whiptails were happy about the move :) and readily spawned in just over a week :wink: . They'd spawn regularly in their old tank but I only saw fry a couple of days old. Two mornings after spawn number four hatched I spotted 5 fry on the front of the tank :o and managed to transfer 4 to a small tank. Each evening's feed involved chasing them onto a slice of corgette :-? . Well this evening I got home to see Numer 5's alive and wouldn't you know it it's almost twice the size of the two that have survived in the small tank :P .

Which just confirms that I know very little about breeding instead my fish breed themselves and all I do is try to make a nice home for them. :bounce:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I bought them from psycho5 8) on trademe (he lives in Whangaparoa).

I haven't seen any of the young ones since I put them all into the big tank (it's 2.5m so that's not surprising) but I'm not sure that they've survived.

Anyway this weekend was awesome, both of the females have spawned at the same time for the first time :D and one of the spawn's is on the exposed side of the tank. So it's snap-happy time with the camera.

Haha nice....thats me. Good to hear they are breeding for you, Im even having trouble raising them now and i have no idea why, it used to be so easy. Ahwell I'll keep trying haha and good luck with yours seems like they are doing really well :wink: