Where to get pond netting in Auckland?

moronNZ

sorry for the vague description...

I am looking for pond netting like the one here by tetra...not the hard plastic/metal meshes at mitre10.

I bought my old pond netting at JASENS for my 4mx2m pond 6 years ago, but JASENS no longer stocks it now....I have trouble finding similar substitutes....I am concerned with the upcoming summer...My pond was cleaned up twice before by a heron and a kingfisher..... :(

• 2 weeks later...

From what I understand most garden centres stock netting of this type. The only thing to watch out for is quality of the netting. Some types have only a single strand which breaks down very quickly. There is a type that we buy locally that has a double twisted stand and this lasts very well. It also has the advantage that it can be stretched tight.

Payless Plastics has bird netting which is black and doesn't show up as much as the white stuff. If you're buying the netting off a roll by the metre allow extra as when you stretch it out sideways it shrinks up in the length. I bought 5m to cover a 4m pond and when i stretched it over the pond it was to short.