Kapiti Water supply, acceptable water qualitiys from tap

Knight

Heya just wondering mainly if anyone in the Kapiti Area useing council water from the waikine river are haveing any troubles with there fish? At the moment I'm trying to investigate a bunch of problems that we're having with our tank. I know that i should be purifing the water (BUT DON"T WORRY I AM USEING A WATER CONDITNER-aqua plus) but its not in the budget at the moment and i cant install one cos i'm renting, will look at a bench top one soon. But that off the point, 2morow i'm going to the council to get the water stats and hopfully post them to see if theres to higher amount in any metals or minerals, does anyone know of a better place to collect water in the region without going up to wet pets in palmy every week? is the spring in petone a healthy water, because im fareing summer when the river drops again and we go back to bore water which not only tastes bad but i know has high levels of calcium.

And finialy what does everyone use for there water just conditioners? purifying? Reverse osmosis?

cheers, josh

Hey Josh,

We did water changes on Tuesday and no problems. We too use a water conditioner. We also used the bore water all summer too with no problems. The spring water in Petone is great. Usually collect it for our own drinking during the summer.

All I do for my water is add a chlorine remover, I don't think anything else is necessary.

We used petone aquifer water for our first tank for a while but only because we were trying to clean up a cloudiness problem. The cloudiness cleared up but it would probably have done so anyway, and it was a lot of work.

Lovely water for drinking though :D:D:D

Cheers

Jude