Hey

David R

Just signed up, thanks to Oscar Sheila for showing me the site.

I've been keeping fish for about 5 years now, and have kept a wide variety, my favorites being my 22" black arowana, 14" fire eel [both of which I had to sell when I sold my big tank] and uaru's.

I've currently got a 3'x18"x18" which I had set up as a planted community tank with 20 neons, 2 medium clown loaches, some cories and a pair of keyhole cichlids, but i saw 3 baby uaru's in the lfs and decided to buy them. [yeah i know impulse buys are a stupid idea, but at least I knew what I was getting into] I'm saving for a bigger tank, probably around 4'x20"x20". The uaru's are slowly eating the plants, but at this stage the plants seem to be growing quicker than they can eat them :)

If I ever get some half decent pics of the tank and fish I'll post them up somewhere...

David

http://www.aquariahobbyist.com/fotm/september00.html

Thats about the only photo I've got online of the arowana, I didnt have a digital camera back then so the few photo's I've got arent on the computer.

I had the arowana for about 2 years, in which it grew from a 4" baby to about 22" (the tank was 24" wide and when it was turning around it could almost touch the front and back of the tank, so 22" is a rough guess). I had the fire eel for about 3 years, and it would only eat bloodworms so I had to hand-feed it so the other fish wouldnt eat them! I sold them both to jansens in november 2001. One day when I own my own house I'll get another huge tank....

http://www.aquariahobbyist.com/fotm/september00.html

Thats about the only photo I've got online of the arowana, I didnt have a digital camera back then so the few photo's I've got arent on the computer.

I had the arowana for about 2 years, in which it grew from a 4" baby to about 22" (the tank was 24" wide and when it was turning around it could almost touch the front and back of the tank, so 22" is a rough guess). I had the fire eel for about 3 years, and it would only eat bloodworms so I had to hand-feed it so the other fish wouldnt eat them! I sold them both to jansens in november 2001. One day when I own my own house I'll get another huge tank....