Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Aquarium World

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Algae on plant leaves

Featured Replies

OK, so I have finally gotten algae under control in my AR120 - Its a planted tank, with a DIY CO2 setup and diffuser - it had been growing algae like mad on the glass, but I have finally got enough plant growth to out-compete it :)

My problem is that I am left with red/brown algae over a lot of the plant leaves - new leaves are lovely and green.

Is there any way to get rid of it off the leaves?

I have an SAE in there, and he occassionally seems interested, but doesnt really make a dent in it.

Any ideas?

Cheers,

Hamish

I have put 4 sae into a 300l heavily planted tank and they have cleaned it up in a week. I had not kept them before but understand they lose interest as they get older. Mine are up to 50mm and work flat out day and night. I have pilot lights at night.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.