Building a pond/trough- Please help

IOU1

In my small space of 2.5m x 1m aviary available, I was looking into pond ideas and was considering half wine barrles. However after calcuating the most efficient way to hold as much water capacity as possible I thought I could make my own troughs to the last centimetre to get the most water capacity. If I made an outside of it with wood and lined the inside with pond lining, would the water hold? :o Any suggestions or names of people would make these would be appreciated. What wood, suggestions, what you have done and your ideas? :) The cheaper the better :lol:

The troughs would measure about 35cmW x 180cmL x 90cmH, and another two measuring approx 85cmL x 35cmw x 90cmH, with possibly a shelf for a top layer of fishtanks to keep the stock I will sell.

This way for the bottom layer the water capacity would total about 1102L instead of about 300L.

What do you recommend? :bounce:

wow meesheelly, you must have been REALLY bored!!! my mother decided one day she wanted me to move our pond around 30cm fowards because she had some new gardening idea and guess who had to dig the hole? it wouldnt have been so bad if the ground wasnt like concrete!

• 4 months later...