Importing Livestock

bychineva

Unless you either are planning on importing for commercial purposes or just enjoy spending way more money than is reasonable, you're better off buying from someone who already has a quarantine facility set up. I've heard of a couple people that have tried and it cost them something like $10K+

I'm sure Jetskisteve or Alois would be happy to sell to you if you ask nicely.:)

It is not worth it to importing for your self, especially if you don’t have any experience.

Since you are in Auckland try Jansen’s or Hollywood as they do give discounts for large orders and you will get a better selection as everything that is imported is not perfect. It is not a production line where you can guarantee that you will get everything you order.

The hobby is small enough so it is better to support the shops if you want marines in the future.

if you are gonna stock a large tank it prob is a good idea to set up your own shop.....it would also be a fun way to spend your weekends answering lots of questions from people like me. if you do import , save some money and dont even tell MAF as it just makes things really expensive. they couldnt stop the rabbit virus so go for it i say.. :o

hmm, wants to no what the better skimmer is and wants to import? :roll:

Hi,

Can anyone tell me the procedure to get a license for importing corals or fish in from the pacific? Would the best way to go is MAF?

Hi what would be the better skimmer if i want to use it in sump....my tank is only 300l and which one would be the quieter one as the tank is in my room ...thx