Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Aquarium World

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Pegwood

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  1. Hi, I am wanting to buy some quality young Discus, I have been told to talk to Discusguru. So can you please send me a PM. Thanks
  2. Hi, sorry thought I had already posted the dimensions. Tank is 1200 long, 400 wide, 550 high. I have no idea how to convert to litres. Thanks
  3. Hi, sorry for the ambiguous message! :-? I am looking at Filter's here. What about this one : Aqua one 104F maxi internal filter. Submersible. 2000L per hour. My tank does have an undergravel but with having Africans going in the tank would that be enough or shall I play safe with a different filter.
  4. Hi, Just wondering if a Fluval pump, 230-240v 50Hz 18w, would be ok in my new 5ft tank?
  5. Pegwood replied to Pegwood's topic in Freshwater
    Hi everyone, Thanks for all the info it is very much appreciated. I had a 3ft tank many years ago, it had undergravel glass filters and worked really well with water cahnges once a week. I had 6 Discus in that tank. Unfortuately when I moved from that house I was unable to take it with me I am really in the newbie stage as that was many years ago and things have changed so much. :-? We have decided to go with the African's after all and I have 10 E. Yellows arriving soon and kindly being looked after until my tank is ready. I will look at getting E. Blues also and see what other fish that may be suitable. I will get a different filter system then, what type would suit my size tank & fish? Can I plant out the tank or not, would Africans dig them all up? Thanks again everyone.
  6. Pegwood replied to Pegwood's topic in Welcome
    Thanks, he & his brother have just turned 8yrs old, getting pretty old for Great Danes.
  7. Pegwood replied to Pegwood's topic in Freshwater
    Thanks for the info, it is much appreciated. I will look for the ones you have suggested. The tank has an undergravel filter which the guy in Wet Pets said was excellent for the tank. I thought that if it wasn't he would have reccommended me buying a new one from the shop? As too fish, I love Discus but the prices are abit much for me at this time, my long suffering husband really likes the Electric Blues & Yellows so may go for them. I will have a good read up on them on the net though as I thought the were an aggresive fish??
  8. Pegwood posted a topic in Freshwater
    Hi, I am pretty excited! I have just brought a super 5ft tank and cabinet, 2nd hand but in good condition. I am having a taller base made to fit under the existing cabinet as it is too low at the moment. I will be buying a pump & heater (that is all I need as some equipment came with the tank), can anyone recommend the best size/type to get. There are some 300 watt/34cm on TM at the moment...any good? Hoping to have the new base made this weekend, thank goodness for big brother's! Can't wait to get some fish but I will have to be patient I guess as the tank will have to settle ...is that right? Can I put plants in straight away though? Thanks
  9. Pegwood replied to Pegwood's topic in Welcome
    Hi Everyone & thanks for the welcome. Looking forward to chatting with you here and meeting some of you in person. I had a tank many years ago with Discus, they were lovely and I found them quite easy to keep. In saying that I have heaps to learn!
  10. Pegwood replied to Pegwood's topic in Welcome
    Thanks for the welcome. I am looking at a couple of setups on trade me. I want to have Discus, I love them. I am so looking forward to having an aquarium.
  11. Pegwood posted a topic in Welcome
    Hi Everyone, this my first time to this forum. I am in the sunny Manawatu area, my husband & I are big animal lovers. We have 3 Great Danes, 5 cats of varying breeds (including a Sphynx) & Ringneck parrots. I am really keen to have a decent size fresh water tropical, can anyone advise me on a local club to join and where I can get a full setup 2nd hand. Thankyou. Best wishes

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.