Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Aquarium World

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

sorcha

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  1. sorcha posted a topic in Freshwater
    Does anyone know what hardness roughly bore water may be?? ie soft or hard?? Any other pros/cons on bore/hose water vs tap water?
  2. THanks, will do, Ammonia is reading 0. I'm starting to wonder if it's from using bore water?? I never had a problem before but used to keep cichlids, mainly aficans therefore if the bore water was hard they wouldn't have minded. Does anyone know if bore water is hard? Have bought test kit on trade me but hasn't arrived yet.. I might have a go with the house/tap water & see if that makes a difference.
  3. Thx, did a small water change today & will just keep doing them. Fingers crossed it comes right soon :-?
  4. K thx, just keep doing them?? temp is 24 adjusted it and is now 25
  5. I've just started a tank again, used to have heaps! They used to be 400L etc, this one is a Jebo 110L, I had it set up with 5 gold fish for a couple of months no probs then things turned to custard, had algae blooms etc, cloudy water, lost 2 fish. Assuming the tank hadn't cycled properly & had an ammonia spike. Anyway I let the last few go in the pond & have started from scratch again. This time I tried cycling with fish food only for 3 weeks, the ammonia gradully climbed, then Nitrite climbed then both back to 0 then nitrate slowly climbed to 10 as its supposed to. I used "cycle" too not that I believe in that stuff really! Anyway I left it for another week, have planted it too. Yesterday added 2 kuhli loaches, 2 dwarf chain loaches & 1 zebra loach, all tiny. Probably not the wisest first fish for new set up! Today ammonia has slightly risen. Fish yesterday were swimming erratically, today not really swimming but just sitting on the bottom, is that normal for these loaches? Ammonia is virtually 0, hard to tell. Nitrite 0 & nitrate only 5.ph 7. I'm guessing it hasn't cycled properly?? What else can I do, water changes, hope for the best lol? I've ordered 3 dwarf puffers that are meant to be arriving next week..that was all I was going to keep in the tank.. I'm using bore water from outside hose, ph is low but rest of the tests were good. Maybe I'm just panicking over nothing but don't want to lose them. Also using an undergravel filter, 2 x internal & one built in trickle filter. :nilly:
  6. haha all sounds good..except the mice!eww lol, they certainly aren't fussy I just wanted to make sure I was on the right track
  7. Any suggestions on food for theses guys? Currently feeding them mixed veges, potatoes,peas,frozen shrimp mix,banana and floating pellets. Can they be fed trout pellets?
  8. Hey thanks for the replies...I wimped out and bought shrimp from the supermarket, the bait I had looked and smelt disgusting so figured it wasn't worth saving a few bucks, especially when the frozen mix lasts a fair while..
  9. Can you add some fish bait when making up the frozen european shrimp mix recipe? Aswell as shrimp etc, it's just alot cheaper. What are the pros and cons does anyone know? Would hate to kill all the fish or polute the tank
  10. thanks david, I don't think I could remove the babies, too hard to catch them all, so might move the parents soon and see what happens.
  11. Hi, Not sure I should post this here on under breeding but how long can you leave the parents of the above fish with their babies before they decide to eat them etc?? Also unfortunately the convicts bred in a 4 ft tank which I was closing down so just the pair+babies are left in it, so it becomes a big tank to try and catch babies or feed babies in!!lol Thanks Sarah
  12. Cheers, Jack Demseys
  13. Gone from no fish breeding to 3 different lots lately, cool So will have lots of the above to rehome later if they survive

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.