Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Aquarium World

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Rockpool

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  1. Rockpool replied to Rockpool's topic in Welcome
    Heya Mystic! Fancy meeting you here! How are the little tiger barbs doing?? I really miss them At least they went to a good home... When do you have your meetings and are they at your pad? Cheers, Rockpool (A.K.A. Badfish) P.S. Hey Caper, Nice to eMeet you. Don't want to make you jealous or anything but I'm just setting up tank 3 now
  2. Rockpool replied to Rockpool's topic in Welcome
    Hi Guys, Caryl my 180L and the cylinder have been set up for about 3 months and showing no Ammonia or Nitrite, and about 20ppm Nitrate so I think they are both fairly well established. Thanks for the tip Pegasus, I'll just seed off the cylinder for now as I don't think I can wait to put the first few fishys in there! Many thanks to both of you for your advice. Cheers Shaun
  3. Rockpool replied to Rockpool's topic in Welcome
    Hi Caryl, Thanks for the advice - I will action immediately, what about theiving the filter media, not a good idea? Cheers
  4. Rockpool replied to Rockpool's topic in Welcome
    Hi Shae, So what do people in the Stokes Valley do for thrills then? and yes perhaps 'nerd' was a bit harsh - how about 'enthusiast'? I really look forward to getting involved, sounds like some good folk who hang here. Cheers
  5. Rockpool replied to Rockpool's topic in Welcome
    Hey Jude! Yeah yeah I'm sure youve heard that one before.... I'm based in the mighty Hutt Valley (Waiwhetu) Probably not much longer though as I'm sure my girlfriend is going to kick me and all my fishys out on the street! Cheers
  6. Rockpool posted a topic in Welcome
    Hi All, Bit of a novice so go easy... I have recently set up a 180L tropical freshwater tank (Dwarf Gouramis, Pearl Gouramis, Yellow Labs (someone told me to OK!) , Neons, Bristlenoses and Platys. Also a 130L experimental cylindrical tank (Angels, Platys, Tetras, Plec) and am well and truly HOOKED! (Now I understand how all you fish nerds get your thrills!) One of my Pearl Gouramis got whitespot so I read a few forums and put whitespot cure in recommended dosage and raised the temp to 30 degrees. This was about 4 days ago and now all of the cysts have fallen off bar one. How long are the fishys prepared to accept the temp this high? Also I am setting up another tank, and want to syphon off filter media from the already established tanks, would it be a completely absurd idea to use media from the 180L given there has been a case of whitespot? Cheers, Rockpool

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.