Look what I saw this afternoon

Aqua

Thks guys! I have updated the web site with picture of the inhabitants. I feed them flakes, pipis, etc. The anemones I feed directly with big pieces of pipis. Sorry, if I have not elaborate much about things on the web site, I am new to writing web pages..

:lol:

Cheers

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ic, I know what u mean. I will post more tonight if my wife doesn't need the computer for her assignments. I have another tank that I have not posted yet.. just have to find time to put it in the web site. :wink:

Chris,

Careful with the "Collection Bug" it has bitten me, and now I am hooked.

Chris,

I have updated the web site with picture of the whole tank and also put details on some of the pictures. I was going to identify the "gray" blenny but the book at the Glenfield Whitcouls was sold before I got there. It was a great book coz it has pictures of all New Zealand Rock Pool fishes. Have you got idea what type of blenny it is?

BTW, have you got you tank yet?

Cheers

Hi Chris, how did it go? Did u get a new tank?

over the weekend, I was strolling on Devonport Beach, I found lots of nice macro algae on the beach. Its dark green, and its attach to small shells and rocks. I find that if the algae are attached to rock and shells can survive and grow in aquarium compared to the ones that are broken and floating around. So I have picked some up and put in my aquarium.. Hope they would flourish, will post some picture of it tonight.

cheers

• 2 weeks later...

ic. too bad. maybe you can settle for a smaller and cheaper tank.

BTW, over the weekend I went down to takapuna beach when it was at low tide, I found lots of hermit crabs and green anenomies.

I have also discovered a great spot at Birkenhead Wharf for getting those blue filter feeding crabs, there were hundreds of them under all the rocks. :lol:

I also had a new discovery in my tank, I spotted a very beautiful nudibranch (sea slug), too bad I could not get a picture of it before it dissappeared among the rocks. :x It looked something like the ones in this website:

http://www.medslugs.de/E/wallpapers/Cra ... egrina.htm

Maybee its a clown nudibranch? http://www.enderby.co.nz/pages/gallery.html

Great work on the tank! Would love to see more pics! What was the URL of your website again?

Remember with Nudibranch they have very short lifespans (months not years), and they typically only eat one thing e.g. a particualr spounge, coral or zooanthid or anomne. So don't be to surprised if it does die, there captive lifespans and eating habbits makes them a real challenge.

Chris.L keep at it, it will happen. Start getting all the other bits you need first, then as soon as a tank turns up you will be ready to go!

Pies

Pies, thank you. I have not been able to update the web site lately, I was thinking of restructuring all pages soon to accommadate more pictures. Will post a note when I hv done it.

http://homepages.ihug.co.nz/~kuansl/MarineTOC.htm

The nudi I saw does not look anything like the clown nudi coz is has orangy/red stubbles on its side. Too bad their life span are so short, I had the rocks for about 6months. I spent an hour yesterday looking all over the tank for it but it seem to have dissappeared. :cry:

Caryl, you could always try banging together a beer fridge cooling system for it. Only cost would be a heap of hose and however much you can get a secondhand beer fridge for.:) (And maybe any necessary tools you don't already have) Seriously, I'd quite like to do it, but wifey wouldn't be too pleased with the idea, but YOU don't have that problem.;)

Thanks Caryl. I am sure you can setup one tank, put it in the basement and use a fan to cool your tank... Rock pool fishes and invert are quite used to variable temperature. Try not to catch fishes from the deep coz they like more cooler water.

BTW, I finally got a GOOD PICTURE of the nudibranch!!! visit my web site to see it for yourselves!! Pies, what type of nudibranch is it?? Its so pretty!!

:oops: yep, that is way too hot. sorry. BTW, today, went to a Adventure Tourism expo, I saw a protable chiller that runs on 12v DC, maybe that can be modified to put ontop of your tank? The one I say, has the chiller unit as the lid of the container and it was detachable.