August 1, 200620 yr comment_113766 Ive got a female and male Neolamprologus pulcher, male cockatoo and an Apisto (not sure on full name/sex)?(blue in colour) think its a male would I be able to keep all 3 in a 3 ft tank theyre currently in seperate tanks but Im doinga bit of a change around???? Report
August 1, 200620 yr comment_113776 hmmm the pulcher's require quite different water parameters to the others, and also the pulcher's get really aggresive when the breed, we have the brichardi's (which are similiar) and they will kill any other fish in there tank when they feel like it. Report
August 1, 200620 yr comment_113779 I have found for a general rule of thumb compatibility guide line I use this site http://www.timstropicals.com/Compatibil ... Search.asp You just enter the fish (if they have it on the list) and it will bring up a list of fish that they are able to be housed with. Hope this helps Cheers :bounce: Report
August 1, 200620 yr comment_113780 I agree with jo and willy, your apistos will want a ph of 6-6.5, where as the african cichlids require a high ph (8+ from memory). HTH & Good luck Report
August 1, 200620 yr comment_113784 sorry to get off topic but that is a fantastic tool, now if only I could find a simmilar database to compare the results. Doug Report
August 1, 200620 yr Author comment_113813 the fish all have the same water parameters at the mo maybe thats why the pulchers wont breed? sounds like the pulchers will have to stay in there 2 ft Report
August 1, 200620 yr comment_113922 I would agree with everyone bout the Pulchers, once they do decide to breed they will take over the tank. My Pulchers that I had would tolerate a Ph of 6.8-7.0 if they had to(when I was slack with water changes :roll: ). They were in a community tank with bolivian rams,fire eel and so forth Stop looking at me like that. Report
August 1, 200620 yr comment_113941 I agree the pulchers will be too aggressive once they spawn. You will have the same problem as me once they fill your 2 footer with more n. pulcher - 100's more. I have to do twice weekly water changes now or they all stop growing - maybe thats a good thing? :roll: Report
August 2, 200620 yr comment_114000 I don't know anything about the pulchers but the apisto and the cockatoo should be right. I have, in my 3 foot 2 pairs of kribs, a (fingers crossed) breeding trio of apostos and a lone surviving male cockatoo (belive it's a male, had a mate but mysteriously died) and they all live fine with the red tailed shark, cory's, GBA's, swords, guppies, killies, a pair of moonlight gouramis, a pair of dwarf gouramis and one or two other inherited fish. Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.