1000L tank

Fenriswolf

Now, don't get too excited - in my dreams! But was wondering, if I had a 1x1x1m cube would I need 12mL or even 15mL glass for that? :o Got a quote for 10mL out of curiosity... And my partner asked if that would be 1000L which made me think maybe 10mL's too little?! Danke :hail:

http://www.fnzas.org.nz/uploads/media/GlassThicknessCE_01.xls

There's Warren's glass thickness calculator.

10mm gets you a safety factor of 1.2. So, it won't break, but it's really borderline. Obviously 12mm is better, 14mm gets you 2.35 safety factor. I think thicker than that you go from painfully expensive to ridiculously expensive...

i am concerned about that calculator.

Safty factor of 1.2? there is no way that would hold up.

It will hold up just fine, you'd have more strength than needed to hold the water assuming it's well braced and good quality glass. Anything above 1 is just to resist things like stupid kids running up and banging on the tank. 1.2 will hold the water just fine. But will break the first time a kid decides the fishy is being boring and not moving so he hits the glass. Serve the kid right to be drowned in the flood for banging on the tank.:)