How do you get rid of parasites?

cesarz

Hi,

One guppy died alone in my quarantine tank and post mortem shows some 1/2 millimetre brown-red thingy attached to a scale-less part (scale got removed probably by scratching) of the body and lots near the vent and also lots lined up on ends of tail.

The Q tank was clean and never had fish in it before and is properly cycled for about a month using fishless cycle method. The poor thing was treated to 2 drops 37% formalin per litre of water a week ago where some tiny flecks were expelled from the gills which I identified as gill flukes from a big magnifying glass. It has then been moved to a 2mg/l potassium permanganate bath where it died after several days. It looked healthy and just suddenly died. But before it died it was scratching on any surface it can get to.

I've since put another sacrificial guppy in the quarantine tank and soon enough it was scratching. I examined it and it now has the parasites too.

(it didnt have on first examination).

I have cleaned out and dried the Q tank but what can be done to cure

guppies that have this parasite which I believe are body flukes?

Cheers,

CesarZ