wanted gba female

A.PROPHECY

Has anyone ever seen any GBAs on the wholesale lists? As far as I can recall (been fishkeeping for a whole year now in NZ!) they haven't been imported so we're all interbreeding the same stock and need to keep them going and make them as common as BNs to make sure that they never die off. So who has all the bloody females?? :lol:

well i have a few spare young females.Inbreeding wont be much trouble with the as they were inbred anyway by one melanistic being imported than crossed with normal colour and crossing again that is why sometimes we get a gba with a big blotch of brown.They are just as easy to breed as normal bn so price will drop.I am gonna sell some on trademe for $10 each when i can be bothered to write up some stuff.I also still owe stu a pair but havnt had anytime to ship but will ship on monday probably stu if your reading this.Anyways i have no idea why i am typing this so umm yea??

kyle

Wicked. Good to have a good breeder that is churning them out properly. People seem to have bad luck with these little beasties. I know I did. Gonna have another go. Have 4 males all from different sources so doing my best for gentic diversity. Just need a good batch of healthy females to make lotsa eggs. Looking forward to having a chat with you next week.

PMed

But um ye if you want ive got someone picking up 2 pairs tonight il see what i have left over.

thats me! :D

didnt realise that ur on the forum too kyle. just got back from there and want to say thanks the 2 pairs of GBA looks fantastic and a very good size too.

always a good experience visiting kyle this time i got to see a group of choc zebras Very 8)

Thanks kyle :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

how do you churn them out improperly ?? or is it just bad breeders churning them out ?

Answer was in the next sentence -

People seem to have bad luck with these little beasties.

Quite a few people have had disasters where they lost entire broods and even breeding stock (myself included) of these guys. And then there's the yunguns that die for no reason whatsoever. All of the original 4 that I had survived - one has been sold and two died of unnatural causes. I have something like 8 offspring left. Sheesh.