CO2 valve

macka

We had our clubs resident plant expert give a talk about this this month.

His CO2 setup is commercial cyclinder hired from BOC gases, bought his own CO2 regulator (for coarse control) and then a needle valve (for fine control) all from BOC gases.

Where do i get the needle valve from the guy at boc gases didnt have one or didnt really know where i could get one. i have the regulator all i need is the valve, is it possible to get the name or code so i can order one?

Hi macka

You can try a needle valve from a model petrol motor. Like I have. Cost A$15. It is from an "OS" motor. Sometimes referred to as "remote needle valve". Works straight from the box with good clamps. Or you modify it with barbs to suit your hoses.

needle_valve1.jpg

John

• 2 weeks later...

Lots of different options, and some things to keep in mind though when you take the plunge into Co2.

First remember you don't really want to be putting Co2 into the tank at night, so add a gas solinoid into your list. Others will say its working fine without it, which is true, but you will get better and more stable results with no Co2 at night.

You need to add iron to the water with Co2, a dosing pump is ideal, Ehiem make one, which I own and personally think its shit, I would look at the IKS one, its better and cheaper (but you will need to buy a timer).

OK OK where to get one. I have one for sale :) Its a JBL model.

There was a dupla alpha model (the ones I use now) in the T&E for $180.00. There are excellent 2 stage gauges with gagues built in.

Switched on gardner use them to grow pot (sorry I mean hydroponic pot plants) www.sog.co.nz and they have a model with a gas solinoid built in.

Gas bottes can be hired from BOC and sometimes purchased, I purchased one. Also if you are in Auckland Jansens will find C02 bottles for free.

Hope this helps...

Pies