Some pics of my tank

JDM

I thought i should take the plunge and post some pics

i have changed a few this around since the photos and i will take some more pics and put them here later tonight (hopefully) :D

sorry about the picture quality but i spend all my spare cash on my tank so cant afford a flash new camera yet. :wink:

IMAGE_00001.jpg

IMAGE_00002.jpg

IMAGE_00003.jpg

IMAGE_00004.jpg

i have since fraged the xenia which you will see in my next photos. :roll:

probably should have cleaned the glass too :oops:

let me know your thoughts.

(EDIT SPELLING)

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What gear are you running?

skimmer: deltec 1250

return pump: luguna 7 (?)

lighting: 2x150w halide (14000k) 2xT5 actinic 4 X led moon lights (home made) :)

power heads: 2x seio (soon to be 3 or maybe some streams)

i have a dorso in the overflow that i was debating weather to use, imo its working well so why change. :bounce:

You got some really decent equipment!

I would run some carbon and phosphate remover in filter socks. It's a simple, cheap and effective start. What water are you using?

What would the experts do?

KP

You got some really decent equipment!

I would run some carbon and phosphate remover in filter socks. It's a simple, cheap and effective start. What water are you using?

What would the experts do?

KP

thanks kp,

i have a bag of carbon in the sump, i have just brought a carbon mat type thingie to go in place of the bag, what phosphate remover should i use?? :hail::hail:

i use natural sea water from raglan, although i did my last water change with instant ocean as i ran out of sea water and the weather wasint the best :wink:

i havnt really had the chance for anyone who knows reefs to look at my tank and comment so thats why i thort i would put it on here and see what people think i can do to improve it. 8)

cheers

james

Gee Hamilton is getting a lot of tanks very nice keep us updated :D

Thankyou! :bounce:

ive had a tank for over 18 months but i havnt had the guts to show anyone up untill now. :oops:

if anyone is in hamilton and has some time to spare pm me and i would love you to come see my tank. :o

nice tank dude, having good equipment as you do will save you headaches later on. you should probably lose that filter wool in the sump, or at least make sure you clean it out every few days, otherwise your nitrate levels will slowly creep up.

thankyou all for your nice comments about my tank :hail: :bounce:

i have just made a few changes including removeing the filter wool and adding carbon, i am heading up to auckland tomorrow where i hope i will be able to buy some phosphate remover. dose anyone have a good product that they know off?? :wink: