my apple snails are breeding!!!

Newtman

:bounce::bounce::bounce:WOOHOOO!!!!!!!:bounce::bounce::bounce:

today as i get home from school i decide to go out to the shed and feed a few fish,n do a few things...and what do i see as i finish a water change on the apple snail tank,Eggs!!(yay). i now have a patch about 2.5cm long and about 1cm round glued to the glass above the water.

they are bright red,and im absoutly stoked that they have finaly go their yellow little a***s into gear and have started breeding! :D:bow:

applesnaileggs.jpg

cc241283.jpg

oh and another cool thing my golden lineatus killis are hatching!had 1 fry hatch overnight...so sweet and sweet i have some cool happenings in the fish

world

Tim

well done Tim!! those eggs look nice and colourful, almost like a raspberry :D . Interesting how they lay their eggs above the surface of the water... Did you have these snails in the tank just for breeding? Well done.

thanks guys

.. Did you have these snails in the tank just for breeding? Well done.

yes antwan,they are in a tank alone where they eat bagfulls of plant material!(realy fast eaters)

they hadn't been fed alot of plant for a while,and about2 days ago i trimed of all of the excess indian fern that grows out of the water and gave them all that,im thinking that they liked this and decided to breed after having a huge feed...but just a thought anyhow.

I also have gold liniatus eggs , about 20 so far but only 3-4 days old

thats great paul!,good to hear you have them breeding so fast :)

thats one thing you are realy good at :D:bow::bow:

Tim

Tim try this site for info on the apple snails www.applesnail.net/

and remember you need to keep the eggs above water and moist, they won't hatch if they dry out and if the eggs fall into the water they will drown.

hope they hatch when I had mine they laid several times but I didn't get any to hatch.

cheers Karen

yea been there before,its a good site....thanks karen

i have bred the brown apples before so ill look after them the same way i guess,at the moment i have about 15 brown lil ones all about 5c in size...

Congrats on your breedings, Tim and Paul!

Wow, I've never seen apple snail eggs before. I can't get over how vibrantly coloured they are.

We have three apple snails which are all growing at an amazing rate. They're all roughly the size of a small(ish) plum...sort of....um, I'm sorry, I can't think of another analogy that isn't rude :wink: :lol: