Shops for marines around wellington

Fishkeepa

Hi I was just wondering what LFS would you reccomend around wellington (prefferably in the city or suburbs close to the city) that deal with marines and marine equipment?

What ever happened to Fins and Fangs? That used to have good displays it hasn't been ther for years now but it was generally very busy. Did it go under?

Cheers

with the number of people asking the same question, im surprised no ones started up an LFS in wellington to be honest

I expect the leases in Wellington CBD would have a huge influence on anyone opening a pet store in the city area, a friend of mine owns a car audio installation bussiness around the basin area and the lease is huge

Consequently pricing would be more expensive than other stores that are out in the suburbs

We are in the process of setting up a marine area in our shop, the costs involved are quite large for a very limited (local) market, but its something I have wanted to do for quite some time.

MTCW

Bruce

...What ever happened to Fins and Fangs?

They had the system, I even helped them set it up, and they had the stock for a whhile and on occasions. What they lacked was the skill and the will. You will never build up a long term customer base if you are unble to demonstrate that you know what you are doing and what you are talking about.

You will particularly not attract new entrants if you cannot give them confidence that you will be able to help them solve any problems they have.

Steve

The hutt pet shop will order in marine dry goods if you ask. they also often stock, food, and coral sand.

Raymus at the pet house is in the process of setting up a coral tank, he was using a silly little 30l or so. Shame its still an hour+ drive away from Wlg.

I think The Pet House will give you a call if you want to see his marine tank once finished. I left my name with him this weekend; as I commented on his small tank and how nice it looked. He offered to ring me. I don't even run a marine tank but I love to look at them :lol: He knows I only run tropicals. I bought another small tank this weekend...boy was the wife hecked off....specially as I had just asked her whether or not she really needed the winter coat. :roll:

If anyone in Wlg is looking for soft corals I have a number of frags at the moment, leathers, 4-5 diff mushies, xenia, tree coral. PM me if your interested.

Hi,

Wouldnt mind another Xenia. The last one has gradually faded away in the overflow. It didn't crash but my efforts to protect it from the Regal left it with insufficient light I suspect. So what I would like to do is try a smallish one in with the Regal. I know he nips at Anthelia (which does fine in the overflow) so I am not overly confident of success, but still worth trying.

Steve