700L tank

Billaney

I have a bit of very stubbon brown algee/marks on the inside of my 700L tank its not coming of with my magnetic scraper and its a real pain to get to by hand , i have bristlenose and a large flying fox in there and there not shifting it, any ideas ?

700LTank.jpg

Thanks

For saltwater tanks you can get a blade attachment for mag scrapers. Actually, one of the large 4" mag cleaners from the LFS may do the job for you, given the inside of it is velcro hook (i.e. scratchy), it certainly removes coralline with some work.

That or you can get 24" long scrapers from the LFS too (well you can up here), so easier to get to without hands in tank etc.

pies got a MEGA scraper from somewhere that will remove coralline algae, there was a warning on it that if you put the two halfs together without glass in between it has to go back to the manufactures to be seperated, lol, prob just marketing hype but still very nice cleaner. wooden finish to. Janes should be able to tell you where he got it from since hes been banned.

personally i use a paint scraper. I have a couple of different length plastic pipes that i jam on the handle to get to the difficult spots.

• 2 weeks later...
A bit late cos I've been away, but I get wide razor scrapers from the $2 shop. They work well.

Hi Caryl , welcome back hope you had a great trip. I'll check out the two dollar shop

Hey its my 1000th post !! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: