Fancy cold water fish

Fenriswolf

I heard mentioned in another thread about starting out with (fresh) cold water fish that you can keep several more "fancy" breeds of fish -white cloud mountain minnows, danios, corys, rosy barbs, celestials- happy in a cold water aquarium.

Umm... Where would I find these?! I haven't actually been looking seriously yet, but mainstream pet stores don't really seem to have anything more exciting than fantails usually.

Any advice would be great. Thanks! :bounce:

What's the temperature in your tank at the moment?

Last week I moved a leopard fish from a goldfish tank to a tropical tank and the temperatures in the two tanks were much the same. However, since then with this cooler weather the temp of the goldfish tank is starting to drop.

You may need a heater to start the fish at the temperature they are used to in the shop and then slowly lower it if the temperature difference is too great.

MCT

Cool. 8)

I haven't actually got anywhere yet. I've had fish before and decided when I moved islands that next time I got fish I'd plan everything properly (fish down South are still healthy but my experiences were a bit hit and miss). So just thought I'd check it out before I went anywhere with it.