Eeek; a leak!

DubbieBoy

I thought my water had been evaporating a little faster than usual but last night I noticed a thin film of water around the base of the tank and it seems I have a small leak developing. I can actually see where its coming from, along the bottom edge where the base and a side panel meet; maybe a single drop of water every few minutes beads out. My question is, is this the sort of thing that might re-seal itself given time or should I be making plans to actively remedy this? (Is there a possibility it could suddenly get significantly worse?? :o ) It’s a small leak so I’m not panicking, just yet. But its right at the base, below the gravel etc so it would require a complete strip down to repair :(. The tank is 60cms deep so there’s a fair bit of pressure involved, its about two years old. My other question would be then, if I do need to effect a repair, what’s the procedure? I assume I can just apply some silicone over the top of the existing seal, the old silicone doesn’t need to be cut out or anything? And can somebody please recommend a particular product?

Kookie means to say move the substrate and apply the silicone from the inside of the tank. You'll have to figure out some way to keep stuff off the silicone while it cures (unless you don't mind a bit of dirty silicone - but who does at the bottom of a tank anyways?).

Good luck with the repair and always worth a go while full before stripping it down....